Tuesday 9 October 2012

Time management - Stage 1

Throughout the last two modules, I have definitely had timing issues. Even though my intentions have been good, I have realised that I have left things far too late resulting in very hectic deadlines! I have promised myself that this will not happen the third time round. Easily said! I am so very busy at work it is becomming increasingly difficult to find any spare time and with week one drawing to a close, I have already found myself falling behind the schedule. Tomorrow is the first campus session and I am relieved that I have been given permission by work to attend it. In preperation, I am trying to read the handbook and criteria for module 3. Unfortunately, I will not be able to write my review of module 2 in time for tomorrow. I have however found the information in the handbook about the five stages of the Professional Inquiry very useful. I agree that by modifying the task into 5 stages, it becomes much more manageable. This is something that I often suggest to GCSE pupils when tackling coursework.
So at the moment I am in the process of getting through stage 1, which will now merge in to week 2!
Does anybody else find one of the most challenging aspects of the course is simply managing time? How do you overcome these difficuties when trying to juggle full time (or in my case, two) jobs?
Looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it, tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to time management
    Thanks for sharing this information.
    Time Management

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,
    I absolutely share the same issue. Actually I am really enjoying studying, sitting down and thinking about things I do every day, however I am also now finding myself thinking....rats, october is already almost half way done!! Time seems to be running!!
    I work full time in the theatre and one thing I have noticed, that having a private life and non-study/working time is absolutely essential!!
    I´ve started a new routine, which is proving a little tricky as winter is descending upon us...lately I´ve been getting up at 7am to get an hours worth of reading in before I head out to work to put my mind at ease.
    Other than that I have surrounded myself with various time/schedule keeping devices (see photos on my last blog) as a constant reminder... ((O;

    Hope you are getting on well otherwise, all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that many of us have started to ajust our lives in order to fit uni work time in. I have made the difficult decission to give up my second job. Unfortunately for me, Fione, getting up an hour earlier isn't really an option as I already get up at 6! It's a really good idea though and I imagine,quite an interesting way to get your mind in gear for the rest of the day. You are right about finding time for non work related events too. With my second job and uni work, this just isn't possible, which has helped in my decision to give up my second job. A few of the others at the campus session today also shared that they have gone part time in order to fit in the uni work. At this stage, we have to prioritise.

    ReplyDelete